501 [C] 3 > not-for-profit human services agency now entering our 40th year of service
RLACS,Inc. > located at 15 First Avenue Red Lion PA 17356 (just off the 1st block of North Main Street, beside St. Paul's UMC); parking is available across the street, off the alley; handicap parking is directly beside the building near the front entrance.
FOOD PANTRY > by appointment. Phone:  244-6934
Donations are accepted during regular office hours or call to arrange after-hours delivery.
Food pantry distribution by appointment.
M - T - W / 9AM - 1PM
TH / 9AM - 2PM
F / 9AM - 12noon
Office Manager - Bev Crossland
HOW TO APPLY - Applicants must provide photo ID and proof of address plus the names and birthdates for every person residing in the household. All clients eligible to receive food items provided from the state food allotment must sign the self-declaration of eligibility form required by the state. Pantry food donations are distributed as the inventory is available.
Pantry items needed weekly include any canned or packaged foods, kitchen staples, paper goods, cleaning items, toiletries, and hygiene products.
* Warm Program: Distribution of blankets, hats, gloves, scarves, socks, sweaters; as donations allow; each fall/winter.
* Bags of Blessings: Extra holiday meal items provided for Thanksgiving, Christmas,and Easter; donations of hams and turkeys are needed for this program each fall and spring. Call 717/244-6934 for a list of needed donations or to register for the Easter holiday; donations are needed now thru February for distribution in March.
* Programs for Children: Provide donated school supplies and backpacks for students' Back-to-School needs. Christmas Wish List gathers toys and gifts for more than 200 children. Kids Kafe provides bag lunches during the summer months; donations are needed beginning in April and continuing thru mid-July. Contact the office for a list of needed items and to volunteer to help pack the bags.
* Life Skills Training: Offer workshops/classes to provide information needed for budgeting, nutrition, wellness, parenting, etc.
* Financial Assistance: Provide limited help for eligible households to prevent loss of utilities; as funds allow; must register as a client.
* Emergency assistance: Homeless, elderly, abused, or disaster-related situations are handled on a priority-need basis.
Serving the boroughs and towns of Brogue, Collinsville, Craley, Dallastown, East Prospect, Felton, Freysville, New Bridgeville, Windsor, Winterstown, Yoe, Yorkana, and the general Red Lion Area. Contact the office for more information.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Policy development, leadership, and accountability are provided by the Board of Directors which is comprised of community volunteers and is amenable to the agency's constitution and by-laws.
Executive Director: coordinates services and oversees daily agency operations; fund-raising and community-related events.
Office Manager: processes client records and general office responsibilities; oversees referrals and client-related assistance.
Volunteer Staff: assist with basic office duties; sort donations; stock food pantry; pack groceries, shopping, distribute food on weekly appointment days; general errands.
Community Volunteers: collect and deliver donations from local churches and organizations; various small tasks of support.
Work Teams: maintenance, repairs, upgrades, general cleaning, specific tasks.
RLACS, Inc. relies entirely on volunteers, in-kind donations, monetary gifts, food pantry donations, fund-raising events, and grants and endowments.
LIHEAP > heating fuel[1/800/991-0929] - PCAP > electric bills[1/888/782-6816]
COMMUNITY PROGRESS COUNCIL > [717/417-3354] Red Lion office located on Gotham Place, off rte.24, in the senior center facility.
HOUSING AUTHORITY > rental and eviction assistance [717/771-5110]
ACCESS/YORK > available for victims of domestic violence [717/846-5400]
OVR > employment counseling for persons with disabilities [717/771-4407]; counselor is now available at the 15 First Avenue Red Lion site by appointment; (entrance and parking for OVR appointments are at the rear of the building, lower level, handicap assessible)
PROBATION OFFICERS > by appointment, on site, lower level entrance at rear of building.
DALLASTOWN ECONOMY STORE > [717/244-2780] Monday's - vouchers available for various items/ located on E. Maple St. Dallastown
AREA AGENCY ON AGING > residents sixty and older [717/771-9610]
RED LION SENIOR CENTER > meals-on-wheels; daily activities; bus trips. [717/244-7229] Heather Goebeler, director. 20 Gotham Place Red Lion (behind the RL post office)
RED LION BORO > [717/244-3475] municiple office (water/sewer/trash)
RLACS, Inc., founded in 1974 & incorporated in 1975, extend sympathies to the family and friends of Mrs.Elizabeth Keller, founding director of both the senior center and the community services pantry. Her services were held on Thursday, October 9, 2014.